Benefits of Membership
- Twelve (12) issues each year of The Genealogist, the Society’s Newsletter
- Three (3) issues each year of Rabbit Tracks, the Society’s Journal
- Access to the various CVGS Dropbox folders
- Lectures, panel discussions, conferences, and workshops
- Access to the CVGS Special Collection at the Grant Brimhall Library during public hours.
- Membership in CVGS’s Computer Interest Group, DNA Special Interest Group, and Writing Group
- Educational opportunities and research technique tips in the monthly Research Tools Class
- Membership Directory
- Many research resources
- In-library use of paid subscriptions, databases, including Ancestry Library Edition, Heritage Quest, Los Angeles Times 1881 to the present, and the New England Historic Genealogical Society
- Reduced rate admission to seminars
- An opportunity for fellowships, advice, and practical help from other members
- Sales Tables available at all meetings for the latest in Genealogy materials
- Volunteer opportunities
Membership is open to anyone who is interested in genealogy/history. Membership is good for one year. Several membership types are available: individual (under 60), senior individual (60 or over), family (two people under 60), senior family (two people, at least one 60 or over), and student (ages 12-21). You can join on-line (preferred method) or pay by cash or check. If you are interested in joining as a “life member”, please contact us, and our membership VP will get in touch with you. A life member pays a one-time fee that depends on your age when you become a life member.
Click on the button below for the membership plan you would like to create. You will be taken to the PayPal website, where you can use a credit card or your PayPal account to make your payment. You do not have to be a member of PayPal. When done, click on the “Return to Merchant” button at the bottom of the PayPal screen. Your membership profile will be created immediately using the email address you use with PayPal. You will be sent an email to complete your profile.
|Individual||Senior Individual |
(60 or older)
|Family||Senior Family |
(60 or Older)
|Student (Ages 12-21)|
Join by Cash or Check
If paying with cash or check, mail your payment to CVGS at Conejo Valley Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 4845, Westlake Village, CA 91359-1845. Include a copy of your completed membership form. You can open the form using the link below.