BOARD OF DIRECTORS/COMMITTEES
Contact Executive Board Member at 2023 CVGS Executive Board if you are interested.
- Librarian: (Board Position) The Librarian serves as custodian of The Society’s collection of research media, subject to the Executive Board’s direction and the policies and procedures of the GRB Library. The Librarian also works with the Library Support Committee. The Librarian is responsible for the purchase of designated Memorial books or materials. The Librarian is The Society’s liaison with the GRB Library in matters of The Society’s library holdings.
- Parliamentarian: (Board Position) Shall attend all the Executive Board meetings, and shall advise the President, Officers, Directors, and Committee Chairs on matters of parliamentary procedure based on Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised “Small Board.” For that reason, knowledge of the Society’s Bylaws, Standing Rules, and Robert’s Rules of Order, Newly Revised “Small Board” are essential. It is also the duty (as inconspicuously as possible) to call the attention of the chair to any error in the proceedings that may affect the rights of any member or may otherwise do harm.
- Communications Chair: (Standing Committee) The Communications Chair is responsible for coordinating and disseminating articles and brochures that promote and advance the object of The Society. It is important for the Chair to be pre-advised of events and promotions of The Society. The Chair will work with the Newsletter Editor, Webmaster, Committee Chairs and other organizations and news outlets in order to publish and post pertinent data. The Chair will work with the 1st Vice President in developing a program for fulfilling these responsibilities and proposing an annual budget.
Contact Debra Menager at CVGSLibrarian@gmail.com
- Book Repair and Preservation
Books and other items in our genealogy library occasionally become damaged through improper use or aging, seriously impacting our ability to continue using them. References are often quite valuable or difficult to replace. Proper maintenance, early intervention, and proper repair techniques can prolong our use of these resources.
Training and Support Provided: provided by genealogy librarian and/or experienced genealogy volunteers.
- Promote Genealogy Library Resources
Volunteers are needed to help library patrons with genealogy research and teach them how to use the available genealogy resources.
Key Responsibilities: Help patrons locate books and use e-resources including: Ancestry.com and NEHGS database
- Look through periodicals, newsletters, and genealogy magazines (quarterly or monthly) and notate pertinent information for users.
- Assist with typing paperwork, completing spreadsheets and keeping up files.
Training and Support: provided by genealogy librarian and/or experienced genealogy volunteers, as assessed.
- Assess and Process Donations
Our genealogy library has a substantial collection of reference resources. It continues to expand through CVGS purchases and generous donations from multiple sources, individual donors and genealogy/lineage groups.
Training and Support: provided by genealogy librarian and/or experienced genealogy volunteers.
Contact Colleen Yinger if you are interested.
- Editor/Proofreader. The website is looking for someone to preview newly published pages. It’s a good way to get a first look at what’s happing in CVGS! Nothing complex, just typos, obvious goofs.